Writing Motherhood Application Page
It's not hard to apply. Please don't be nervous.
Send us the following two things in a single email:
- A 2000-5000(ish)-word writing sample
It need not be a sample of the project you would like to work on, but it should be in the same genre. For example, if you want to write fiction during the course, don't send us 5000 words of web copy or poetry. Send fiction. If you don't have anything in your intended genre, email us. We'll work something out. If you write essays but you only have flash or micro essays, send us 2000-5000 words of those. If your writing sample goes a little over or under, no worries, but please do not send a complete novel or memoir manuscript. Just a dab will do!
- A one-page project plan that sets the intention of your time with us in Writing Motherhood.
This can take nearly any form. You can talk about what you would like to write, how much you have written (if any), what you would like to do with your finished project, what interests you about your project, where your struggles lie, and what your strengths are.
If you already have a project outline, use it. If not, it's okay. Just write what you want us to know about your project or writing intentions during the Writing Motherhood course. We won't gnash our teeth if it goes over one page.
Do not freak out over this. This is not a book proposal. It should not take a week to write. You don't have to sell us on anything. We simply want to see how you talk about your ideas.
Once you have those two things ready, compose your email.
- Attach your writing sample and your project plan in one Word document. Please do not paste it in the body of the email.
- Make sure your name is somewhere in the title of the Word document
- Put the words "Writing Motherhood Application" somewhere in the email subject line.
- Send your application to: [email protected]
- Take a deep breath. You did it.
Again, all reading fees are waived for 2020, in hopes that if we all do nice things for the rest of the year, 2020 will go away without incident.
We look forward to reading your work!
If you have questions before you apply, email us at [email protected] or fill out this form. Ask us anything not related to physics, game theory, sport fishing or fuzzy logic (we're garbage with those, no matter how hard we try).